When it comes to pay per click ads, Facebook Advertising is some of the most effective in the industry. It is tailored to fit your specific audience in one of their most well maintained facets of life: their Facebook Personal Page. This network allows you to zone in on consumer likes and interests rather than guessing keywords. The ads appear on the right side of the screen, beside your wall, newsfeed, or any feature that you happen to be using.
The first step in reaping the benefits of a Facebook Ad is to create one. Here are step-by-step instructions to making a highly effective Facebook Ad campaign.
- You can begin at the Facebook homepage or Facebook.com. Advertising appears as the central term at the very bottom of the page. Click it.
- After reaching the “Facebook Ads” overview page, select the green “Create Ad” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- This is where the fun begins. Enter the priliminary information into required fields such as the URL of your business’s website, the name of your advertisement, and the copy (text for your ad). Don’t forget to uplead a photo for your ad before continuing.
- When you continue to the next step, you can begin “targeting” your audience. Notice that box at the upper right-hand corner of your page that keeps a constant calculation of the number of people you will reach with your current combination of terms, interests, or keywords.
- Begin by entering specific locations that you would like to target. You can begin as broad as nations, or tighten your lens to cities. Do this by selecting the radio buttons below the “Location” criteria.
- Next, select the age and gender of the demographics that you are targeting.
- Lastly, enter your “Precise Interests” by typing in words or terms that coincide with the functionality of your business. Options will appear below, which displays groups or pages that have already accumulated likes. The people that interact with these special interests pages are targeted to view your advertisement.
- Before completing this section, make sure to finish your “Broad Category Targeting”. This is an interactive list of check boxes that allow you to select broad interests such as education, target family sizes, or zone in on entertainment.
- The last phases of creating your Facebook Ad, “Campaigns, Pricing, and Scheduling,” allow you to view the bid for the ad, or the estimated price you will pay per click, set your daily budget, select the time zone of which you live.
- Voila! You’re Facebook advertisement is complete! This quick process opens the window for you to begin highly targeted, yet grossly inexpensive, advertisements.
Download the Slides for this Blog!
Creating Facebook Ads
Don’t have time to create or manage this ad yourself? Let the experts at eMerge develop the perfect Facebook Advertisement Campaign for you and your organization! Contact us today!
For the latest in interactive marketing visit our Facebook Fan Page!